12 days of kitchen safety

 Most people know the song, "12 days of Christmas", a song that goes through a list of gifts given on each day of the 12 days between Christmas day and and the day before Epiphany which is Jan 5.  Just for fun, here are 12 gifts you can give to help make your kitchen and home safer and set you up for a safer year in 2022.

On the 1st day of Christmas, my true love sent to me,  A thermometer for food safety,

On the 2nd day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, two oven mittens,

On the 3rd  day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, three fire extinguishers, 

On the 4th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, four step ladders, 

On the 5th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, five coloured cutting boards, 

On the 6th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, six knife sharpeners, 

On the 7th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, seven clean hands food preparing, 

On the 8th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, eight hand sanitizers, 

On the 9th  day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, nine flameless candles

On the 10th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, ten safe cooking temperatures, 

On the 11th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, eleven gloves for dishwashing, 

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, twelve exhaust fans working, and a thermometer for food safety...

These tools and actions can help keep you safe in the kitchen and help you prepare safe food.

Here's a good video from the CDC that also sums up some of these tips quite nicely. 


If you ever have any questions about home safety?  Connect with me on Twitter (@SAFTDIVA), or LinkedIn